Recreational Insta-Mold Earplugs
Home » Products » Hearing Protection » Non-Electronic Earplugs » Insta-Mold Earplugs » Recreational
Insta-Mold earplugs have been used for recreation for over thirty
years providing an excellent solution for people looking for the best
protection against water and/or loud noise levels such as shotgun
blasts, wind-noise, music and power tools.
Made from a medical grade, hypo-allergenic silicone, Insta-Mold
earplugs offer the ultimate in comfort because they are custom shaped to
each individual's ears. This eliminates the amount of discomfort
usually faced with the common expanding foam earplugs, and the constant
hassles of bulky earmuffs. Insta-Mold's also remain flexible and soft
throughout their lifetime giving you several years of consistent
By obtaining this ultimate fit, Insta-Mold's achieve the best
attainable NRR rating, and provide the maximum in hearing protection for
the individual user. Below is the actual noise attenuation chart
preformed by one of the most reputable testing facilities in the world.
It accurately displays the amount of protection you will receive from a
properly fit set of Insta-Mold's through the common frequency
How Much Protection Can One Expect From a
Well-Fit Pair of Insta-Mold Ear Protectors?
Look at the chart below to see the results for yourself!
|Mean Attenuations (dB)
|Standard Deviations (dB)
All tests were conducted in accordance with ANSI (1974 and 1984) and EPA - 1979 Standards
Other recognizable groups or individuals wearing Insta-Mold's
performed by: Michael J. Metz, Ph.D - Audiology Associates
Reviewed by: Garry G. Gordon, M.S.
NRR (per EPA-1979) 29.8dB
- U.S. Air Force
- SWIM CANADA
- Royal Air Force
- SWAT teams worldwide
- Secret Service
- U.S. National Guard
- U.S. Olympic Shooting Team
- Johnny Unser (professional driver)
- Gen. Schwarzkopf (ret.)
- Jon Kruger (champion shotgun shooter)
- Casey Atkinson (champion shotgun shooter)
- Kim Rhode (U.S. Olympian)
- Gil and Vicki Ash (instructors)
- Louise Mandrell (entertainer)
- Doug Koening (champion pistol shooter)
Points to remember when getting fit for a pair of Insta-Mold's...
- For maximum results, your Insta-Molds should be made with a syringe by a qualified provider.
- Insta-Mold ear protection is virtually non-shrinkable and can be used in a variety of noise or water related activities.
- Unlike other imitations, Insta-Molds use a "Seal-Kote" to add luster and provides a "skin" to protect the mold against dirt and grime.
- For growing ears in children and adults, Insta-Molds can be made tighter by reapplying an Insta-Seal coating to the outside of the earplugs.
- Insta-Molds are hypoallergenic and nontoxic to normal skin containing a special salt complex that works as an antiseptic astringent and fungicide.
- Insta-Molds are known for providing a reliable "tissue-to-tissue" fit that duplicates every crevice and contour of the ear.
- Only Insta-Mold silicones are reinforced with the highest levels of hydrophobic (water repelling) organo-siloxane groups.
- Insta-Mold was worn by the first U.S. Gold Medallist in the U.S. Summer Olympics, Atlanta, Georgia, 1996.
- The Insta-Mold process is the only proven and accepted procedure published in the Archives of Otolaryngology. No other instant system can make this claim. Kasden, M.A., Robinson, M.D., "Fabrication of Custom-Made Ear Plugs for Swimming" Archive Otolaryngology, Volume 100, July 1974.
To find your nearest Insta-Mold provider, or if you require group
fittings for event participation, please contact
us for further information and arrangements.
Other products you might consider
Electronic Ear Plugs, Chameleon Ears, Acoustic Filtered Earplugs, Competition Sports Monitors, Ear Muffs.